Stiebel Eltron – Heat Pump Hot Water Systems
Some of the features of the Stiebel Eltron range of heat pump hot water systems include:
- Air System utilises energy from the environment
- Lowest Power draw of all heat pump units at only 2.3 amps
- Active defrost function
- Indoor outdoor installation
- Can operate on extended off peak power and timers when available.
- 300 litre tank with one of the highest deliveries of hot water for a heat pump.
- Single piece design for easy installation.
- 5 year warranty for the cylinder and condenser, 2 year warranty for refrigeration system, 1 year
- warranty for all other componentry (electrical).
For more information about how the Stiebel Eltron heat pump solar hot water systems works refer to links below:
Steibel Eltron Heat Pump
|Model||System Component||Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone|
|Gas boosted, Stainless Steel tank||30 Manifold, 30 Tube & Heat Pipes, 315ltr Tank, Pump, Controller||34|
As of 15/02/2013, the spot price for each STC is approx $31.75.00. Smaller and larger systems are available depending on your hot water usage.
Cost / Benefit of Steibel Eltron Heat Pump Solar Hot Water System
The approx value of a 300ltr heat pump Solar Hot Water system (WWK3000A) is $3457.00 (after STCs and excl GST.) [Available STCs value included above are based on 28 STCs x $31.00 / STC = $868.00].
If we assume that approximately 35% of your total energy bill (say 2000 kWh per qtr for a 4 person home) is used on hot water at present and that you are pay approximately 26c/kWh for your electricity. (Approximately 13c/kWh if use off-peak electricity to heat your hot water).
It can be expected that you will be able to save approximately 68% of your hot water bill by installing an heat pump Solar Hot Water System.
Saving per Qtr = 2000 x 0.35 x 0.68 x 0.26 = $123.76.
Approx Saving per year = $495.04
|Payback period||= Capital Cost/Yearly Saving
= 6.98 years
|Return on investment||= Yearly Saving/Capital Cost x 100
= $495.04/($3,457) x 100
Based on figures calculated 15/02/2013.
For a site specific cost estimate, Contact HCB Solar Today.
Contact HCB Solar today for a site inspection and total system quotation